Topham Wood Butter with Beeswax
R39.00 – R130.00
Don’t let your chopping board suffer under all the kitchen stress. Be kind to it and dress it with this fantastic product by Topham Knife Co. Beeswax Wood Conditioning Butter is handcrafted with Beeswax, Carnauba wax (hardest natural wax), Coconut Oil, Food-safe Mineral Oil, and Orange essential oils to penetrate directly into the wood to eliminate dryness, dull colours, moisturise sun-damaged surfaces, leaving a wonderful lustrous, warm shine.
The Topham Wood Butter is a great conditioning wax finish to use on all-natural wooden products including wooden butcher blocks, cutting boards, chopping boards, utensils, and bowls.
- Natural Beeswax
- Food Safe
- Prevents Bacteria
- Will not go rancid
- Light yellow translucent colour
- Leaves a satin-like finish
- Easy to apply
- Chopping Boards
- Butcher Blocks
- Charcuterie Boards
- Wooden Baby Toys
- Bowls and Spoons
NOW AVAILABLE IN 100 gram and 15 gram
How to Use
Apply a thin layer of Wood Butter directly to your cutting boards, trays, spoons, cabinets or other wood surfaces in long strokes following the grain of the wood.
Small circular motions can work the butter deeper into the wood before moving on to another section. If the section starts to dry while you are working, apply more butter to that area.
Let stand at least 20 minutes or longer, until the conditioning butter is absorbed into the wood and wipe off excess with a clean soft cloth and buff to enhance the woods natural lustre.
Repeat the above process as regularly as possible to increase the lifetime of the wood.
Precautions: Always test in an inconspicuous area to check results before applying to the entire wood surface.
Any unvarnished wood items in your kitchen need to receive regular maintenance so that they remain in prime condition. Cutting boards are one of the most essential kitchen items and you need to take care of them.
Wood and bamboo cutting boards that are not oiled will dry out over time, leading to warping and cracking, especially at the seams. By regularly oiling and treating your cutting boards, you will prevent it from drying out and from absorbing the undesirable smells.
There are heaps of conflicting information regarding which oils and substances are appropriate for use to safely maintain cutting boards or butcher blocks. Food-based oils like olive, vegetable, and virgin coconut oils can discolour your utensils, thicken, and go rancid, giving your spoons and cutting boards a rotten smell. Read our blog post “The best food-safe oils for use in the kitchen“.
- Mineral Oil (also known as liquid paraffin) has a lot of great qualities when it comes to treating wood that will be in contact with food as it is tasteless, odourless, colourless, is not prone to rancidity. Medium-chain Coconut oil is added for further hydration and conditioning.
- Beeswax and carnauba wax will create a waterproof barrier on your cutting board or butcher block, which will keep the mineral oil in while keeping food materials out of the pores of the wood resulting in a well-conditioned and good-looking board, block and utensil.
- We add a little Sweet Orange oil, which has antimicrobial properties that naturally kills bacteria on wood surfaces. Plus, you get to enjoy the subtle orange scent while you oil the wood.