3M Trizact 337DC GATOR – Blade Polishing
R223.00 – R340.00
NEW STOCK ARRIVE DAILY
The 3M Trizact 337DC GATOR belts are extremely popular with knife makers as the premium polishing belt for medium pressure applications lasting 6 times as long as conventional belts and are non-clogging.
Trizact Gator Abrasive Belts are noted for their long life and smooth finish. The layered grit structure makes for belts that will outlast others several times over and which leave an excellent surface finish.
Available in 25 x 2000 & 50 x 2000
- 3M 337DC Trizact A160 (P150 equivalent)
- 3M 337DC Trizact A65 (P280 equivalent)
- 3M 337DC Trizact A45 (P400 equivalent)
- 3M 337DC Trizact A30 (P800 equivalent)
3M Trizact 337DC GATOR Structured Abrasives is the critical solution for ensuring precision to the finishing process. The core to this technology is the micro and macro replicated coatings of structures precisely positioned on the backing – the continual exposure of fresh mineral ensures a consistent, even wear, ideal for achieving a pristine finish on delicate or intricate components.
- Application: Finishing, Polishing
- Substrates: Aluminum, Carbon Steel, High Nickel Alloy, Soft Metals, Stainless Steel, Titanium/Zirconium
- Grades: A30, A45, A65, A160
3M Trizact Structured Abrasives consist of a series of unique 3D structures that contain multiple layers of abrasive, distributed evenly across the backing material. Over a period of time they wear away to continually and consistently expose fresh minerals to the surface of the workpiece, delivering:
- Macroreplicated abrasive “bricks” contain multiple layers of abrasive mineral, “channels” keep remove swarf and keep work surfaces cleaner
- Controlled mineral breakdown delivers more consistent, predictable finishes over the life of the belt
- Durable cloth belt is frequently able to grind and finish in one operation
- Grinding aid reduces friction and keeps workpiece cool for dry grinding applications
- Extra-long belt life reduces abrasive cost and inventory
- Trizact™ abrasives can last up to five times longer than conventional abrasives
- Waterproof polyester YF-weight backing allows users to rinse the belt – reducing clogging of the abrasive
- Resin bond helps to resist thermal and chemical deterioration
- Improves finish consistency and part to part size
- Improved part-to-part size
A160 25 x 2000 only:
3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 363FC features an aluminium oxide mineral bonded to a YF-weight polyester cloth backing. Our 363FC belts are available in grades A300 to A35.
Use 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 363FC for wet grinding, finishing and polishing of carbon steel, stainless steel, nickel alloys zirconium and titanium parts in centreless as well as flat finishing applications. Our cloth belts are available in grades A300 to A35. A resin bond helps to resist thermal and chemical deterioration, which can occur during sanding. This bond is very tough – excellent for precision work on hard and soft surfaces. The 3-dimensional hexagonal structure with aluminium oxide grain allows for faster sanding and a higher cut rate. The waterproof polyester YF-weight backing enables the user to rinse areas of the workpiece and belt during use to prevent dust and debris from clogging the points of the abrasive. These belts can last up to five times longer than other belts and provide precise finish control so operators can reduce grade sequences, requiring fewer process steps and abrasive products. Three-dimensional structures uniformly distributed over the entire surface of 3M Trizact abrasives ensure consistent performance and eliminate part to part variation.